Bringing the Irish Sea to your school
Our school sessions are designed to bring the Irish Sea alive for your students. We deliver classroom sessions and assemblies for primary schools, secondary schools and colleges. We also work with after school groups, such as eco-clubs.
Our classroom sessions and assemblies cover a range of topics, including local species, threats to marine life and marine conservation. Our sessions are planned with the children in mind, involving a range of engaging, hands on activities and games to cover all learning styles.
Every session or assembly has learning-outcomes, which are agreed with the teacher beforehand. We are also able to design bespoke sessions to match your specific curriculum needs. All our Marine Officers are fully DBS checked.
We thoroughly enjoyed the sessions and the students gained a huge amount of knowledgeHighfurlong School
Example classroom session
"The Secrets of the Irish Sea"
- Marine Name Game - Starter activity
- Ocean Giants and Weird and Wonderful Creatures – Interactive presentation teaching about local species, alongside some live creatures brought in tanks
- Marine Animals and Plants Discovery – Activity using ID guides to identify a range of shells and specimens collected on local beaches and to learn interesting facts about each species
- Marine Litter – An introduction to the problem of marine litter and why we need to reduce it, linked to the ocean wonders we have just discovered
- Catching the Culprits – Sorting activity involving everyday objects, which are good or bad for the ocean
- Pledge Cards – Each student creates a pledge card to take away, about a simple change they will make to help protect the oceans based on what they have learnt in the session
Contact us to find out more about what we can offer your school, prices and to book a classroom session, assembly or after school club session:
Cumbria – Jamie Normington
Call: 01539 816300
Lancashire - Emily Parr
Call: 07734 301320
North Merseyside - Sally Tapp
Call: 01519 203769
Cheshire – Jan Shone
Call: 01948 820728